In our everyday active life, it is important to make sure of having the right nutrients for your body. Antioxidant is one important factor in keeping our body healthy. It is beneficial in preventing occurrence of chronic diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, cancer and heart diseases. Thus, Vitamin C consists antioxidant to help protect our body from these chronic diseases. It is also good for joint pain and weight loss. Vitamin C can be found in Citrus Fruits, one way to get the nutrition we need is to combine it on our daily meals.
Try out a potato salad with alternative dressing, instead of a Caesar dressing.
Here is what you need:
(For the Salad)
- 6 small coliban potatoes
- 200g of cauliflower cut into florets
- 150g of trimmed baby brussels sprouts
- 2 green shallots cut into 5cm long thin strips, with its ends trimmed
- ½ cup of crunchy combo sprouts
- 1 red quartered capsicum cut into thin strips
- 200g of broccoli cut into florets
(For the Dressing)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp of horseradish cream
Here’s a simple way to do it:
- For the salad you need to cook potatoes in boiling water, for 15 minutes or until its tender. Then do step 4; Then once it is cooled down, cut the potatoes in half, then set aside.
- In the same boiling water, Add the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Still do the same in Step 4;
- Add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender, do step 4;
- Immediately, splash the vegetables with cold running water, to maintain the crunchiness of the vegetables, let it drain and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the first set of ingredients: capsicum, sprouts and green shallot, mix well.
- Add the second set of ingredients in the first mixture: potato, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli, toss gently until it is combined. Ten pour the dressing mixture, mix well and serve immediately.
- For the dressing, just combine all the indicated ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, horseradish and garlic whisk it until it is fully mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.