For the most of us, we find bacon to be so tempting especially for breakfast right? As I keep on saying, eating healthy doesn’t mean, we have to let go of food that we love abruptly. We just need to improvise. How would you like to combine your favorite bacon with a healthy salad recipe? Yes, today our cooking Chiropractor in Jacksonville is going to combine your favorite bacon with our healthy avocado salad. Let’s say hello to our Healthy Bacon and Avocado salad in Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing recipe.
What’s so good about this recipe? Well apart from the fact that avocado has a lot of beneficial nutrients, it also contain carotenoids anti-oxidant, which helps our body absorb the nutrients of lycopene and beta carotene. And we all know that avocado is also beneficial in preventing inflammation and is very ideal for people with diabetes too, as avocado has the ability of regulating blood sugar. Now, who wouldn’t want that?
So let’s start preparing our ingredients, we will need the following:
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, pilled and sliced (Tip: peel the avocado like you are peeling a banana, to make sure you get the benefit of carotenoids which is found in the green layer just beneath the skin.)
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 slices of bread, cubed
- 4 oz. of cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 12 cups of mixed salad greens
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (shelled and sliced lengthwise)
- 1 seeded and diced yellow pepper
- 12 halved and pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup of bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Now that we have prepared the ingredients, it’s time to do the actual work, here’s how to prepare our salad:
- In a clean pan, fry the bacon until it is crisp (make sure to use just a very little of oil, as bacon secretes oil in the process) ( Remember less oil is better)
- Once done, put the bacon to drain oil on paper towels
- Start cutting the bacon into cubes.
- In a medium heated clean pan, add olive oil.
- Add the garlic along with the bread cubes, make sure to mix it until it becomes golden brown.
- Drain the garlic and bread with paper towels to get rid of oil.
- Mix all the green salad, olives, avocado, yellow pepper into a serving platter
- Sprinkle the mixed salad with crispy bacon, golden brown garlic and bread
- Top it with the sliced hard-boiled eggs
- Drizzle with Balsamic vinaigrette dressing just before serving.
There you have it, a sumptuous and healthy salad recipe, enjoy your Bacon and avocado salad in Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing everyone!