Here’s a recipe that can help you lose weight, yet protects your back and brain at the same time. Amazing? Wait till you know how it tastes.
Creamy Carrot Soup in Red Wine
First we need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of thinly sliced carrots
- 1 pound of peeled potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 cup of 1% milk
- ½ cup of red wine
- 2 cans of 15 ounces reduced sodium vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
To get started:
- Start with combining the broth with the other ingredients: carrots, potatoes, curry, onion and thyme in a pot. Cover it and bring the mixture to boil;
- Once boiled, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are tender;
- Using a food processor or blender, blend in the mixture and stir in milk gradually and then add the red wine.
- After adding in the milk and red wine, heat the mixture again until it is warm an hot and its ready to serve.
This is one simply soup that is very easy to prepare, not to mention healthy. So if you are doing some liquid fast for weight loss, this is a good one, it is rich in vitamin A, which can benefit your back and helps in the formation of the bone, Vitamin C, which is essential for the development of collagen that is beneficial in keeping the bones and tissues strong. We added up red wine because it contains antioxidants, which helps neutralize the body and fights free radicals from the bloodstream, in effect, it prevents diseases such as cancer among others.
That’s it for our recipe our healthy recipe for this post hope you enjoyed this as much as we want to provide you a perfect alternative in keeping things healthy yet still enjoy the pleasures of good food all in the name of wellness.