Today we are preparing a beguiling asparagus Soup Recipe to Prevent Osteoporosis and other Illnesses .
In the modern world where food have low nutritional value, and some may even be processed, taking time to eat healthy food is indeed necessary in the modern times. The thing is we all wanted to be healthy and fit, but sometimes, very seldom of us are committed in keeping up with a healthy lifestyle. And the result? A number of people dies of cancer, heart diseases, and because of the lack of proper nutrition some even experience weakening of bones which results to osteoporosis. Based on the statistics 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men suffer this kind of diseases. Osteoporosis can strike at any age, it is a condition that causes bones to weaken, becoming thin and porous which could lead to the risk of bone breakage.Â But whatâ€™s the point of cure when you can always do some preventive measures right? And the best way to prevent these risks is through having regular exercise and proper nutrition needed by your body.
Here in Meridian Integrative Wellness we value health and wellness that is why we also wanted you to have a healthy life and help you out in any way possible. To prevent Osteoporosis, good intake of calcium is beneficial for your body, surprisingly, Asparagus is rich in calcium and vitamins necessary to prevent Osteoporosis and even cancer.
As we always point out, healthy food can also be appealing to your taste buds, we just need the right technique to give you the right nutrients and enjoy the taste of good food.Â Our recommended recipe for this article is a healthy and tasty Asparagus Soup, and hereâ€™s how to prepare this beguiling dish:
- First, prepare the ingredients.
- You need 1 pound of asparagus
- Â¼ teaspoon of white pepper
- Â½ teaspoon of ground savory
- Â¼ cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 cup of 2 percent milk
- 2 teaspoon of canola oil
- 1 medium potato, cut into Â½ inch cubes
- 1 medium chopped, Spanish Onion
- Now once you have prepared the ingredients letâ€™s do some cooking.
(Prepare the Asparagus)
- Cut off the asparagus tips and cut stalks into Â½ inch slices. You can take away the woody bases.
- Blanch the tips and stalks in a hot water for 3 minutes, and plunge it into cold water and drain. Set aside the tips.
(For the second set of preparation)
- Heat oil in pan in a medium â€“ high heat for 1 minute.
- Once the oil reach the right heat, saute onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add up the potato, asparagus stalks, pepper, and broth, stir them, and bring the mixture to boil.
- Once it came to a boil, reduce the heat and allow the soup to simmer for about 12 minutes are until the potatoes and asparagus are tender.
- Through the use of food processor or blender, liquidize the mixture.
- Add milk and savory.
- Heat it again for about 3 minutes.
- Top each serving with Asparagus Tips.
Your Beguiling Asparagus Soup is ready to serve. Enjoy and stay Healthy!